We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
There is always something to do both in the ornamental garden and in the vegetable garden. Here we would like to present five important works in the vegetable garden for the month of May.
There is also a lot to do in the garden in May. The garden doesn't give us a little breather. Especially those who have a vegetable garden now have to take action. We have put together a list of the five most important works for you.
Vegetable garden in May - 5 tasks
- If you want beans, you have to sow them by mid-May at the latest. If you want easy-care beans, you should choose bush beans, as runner beans are more susceptible. Runner beans or firebeans are also used to cooler temperatures.
- If you want to try sweet corn, then May is the ideal month for planting, not before, because the temperatures could otherwise be too cool. Corn with beans is ideal in bed.
- In order to let cucumbers, carrots, lettuce, onions and also cabbage thrive, you should sow dill in between. This promotes growth.
- Zucchini and cucumbers should not be planted outside before mid-May. Both need warmth and would no longer grow at temperatures below 10 degrees.
- It is now harvest time for rhubarb. The entire plant should never be harvested, otherwise the plant will lose strength. A third every two weeks is ideal.